Hello writers, sorry for our prolonged absence but our jobs have been ever so demanding of late. Here’s all you need to know about what we’re up to at the moment…
- Due to our work loads, we have decided to reduce the number of issues we produce per year. Instead of the four we planned on, we’ll only be releasing three. Therefore an issue will be released every four months, with one being released at the end of August and the other in December. The final touches are being put to the current issue, thank you for your patience.
- Though we haven’t started to advertise for submissions, we will accept them all year round. As usual, submissions should be sent to PIYEHUB@gmail.com. For more details, email us or check our site.
- Halloween is our favourite time of year so we will be running a competition to celebrate. The best short horror story will win a goody bag; including our favourite horror film, sweeties and other creepy bits for a spooktacular Halloween. The competition will be open to UK residents only. More details to follow.
- We have an exciting new project running alongside PIYE Magazine which will be open to everyone, not just UK writers. Our YouTube channel will play host to a collection of poetry and prose readings, including recordings of pieces featured in PIYE Magazine. Guidelines will be going up soon but I suggest you get thinking of pieces that you’d be happy to record for us. We’re looking for quirky and innovative ways of using spoken word so be sure to experiment.
- Assembling a street team is still ongoing, we’ve managed to cajole friends into helping us but will be uploading print ready posters soon. If you send a picture of one of our posters up in a local bookshop/library/college/uni, along with your postal address then we will reward you with a PIYE badge and sticker. Who doesn’t love a free badge?? If you would like to get more involved then you will be able to request a promo pack from us (flyers, posters and business cards along with the badge and sticker) very soon.
- Site submissions will also be starting next month for our ‘One-Line-Wonders’, a series of stories in a sentence which will be posted on our sites. More info to come.
- Lastly, as we can’t have a physical poetry meet-up we’re looking into hosting an online hangout using YouTube. This will run as a bit of a workshop/Q&A session with writers being able to send us questions and ask for advice on their work. Luke and I are always happy to help with any of your writing or design queries so feel free to drop us a line.
This promises to be an exciting time for PIYE and we’re thankful for your support so far, we hope you’ll stick with us.
Luke and I will be celebrating our birthday this weekend but, as always, our ask box will be open if you want to contact us.
Luke and Ionie.
tagged as: PIYE MagazinePIYEMagazineWritersWritingWritePoetryProseFictionShort StoryFlash FictionSpoken WordPIYE LivePoetAuthorPerformance PoetPerformance PoetryPerformanceStorytellerZineZines