Less than a week to go until the deadline for issue #2 so get your work sent in ASAP to be in with a chance of getting published in our quirky little anthology.
- Submissions must be within the word limits unless cleared with the editor (me) so that’s 300 words of prose and 30 lines of poetry.
- Work must fit in with our sci-fi/horror/fantasy or generally quirky theme.
- Please included a submission form with your work. Email PIYEHUB@gmail.com and i’ll send you one.
- Read through our T&C’s here and let me know if you have any questions.
DEADLINE IS MIDNIGHT ON THE 31st MAY 2012!
Send your submissions to PIYEHUB@gmail.com
PIYE Magazine Issue #1
Just a few snaps. Can you spot your work?
So you lot liked the snaps then?
PIYE is rather pretty isn’t it? You could have you work in our second issue, which promises to be just as aesthetically pleasing, if you get your submissions sent in by the 31st May 2012.
Get on it.
Calling all writers!
PIYE Magazine is currently accepting submissions for the next issue. We’re looking for new and upcoming talent so why not give it a go?
Deadline is 31st May 2012.
Copies of the current issue are available here.
We’re enjoying the submissions we have so far so keep them coming!
8 DAYS TO GO! Get your submissions in ASAP for a chance to be published in the nest issue of PIYE Magazine. Don’t miss out.
2 DAYS TO GO! Don’t miss out on the chance to have your poetry/prose published in our next issue. Email PIYEHUB@Gmail.com now for a submission form. More information can be found on our blog.
Get on it writers.
26 hours, 38 minutes and 46 seconds.
Until the deadline for PIYE Magazine Issue #2!
Get your quirky poetry and prose submissions in before midnight on the 31st of May for a chance to be published in our anthology.
Last chance to be published!
Deadline for submissions for issue two of PIYE Magazine is tonight. If you want to be published in our quirky mag get your poetry and prose sent to PIYEHUB@gmail.com by midnight.
More information can be found here.
Pictures of issue one can be found here, just so you can see how snazzy your work could look!
Get on it writers.
As of today PIYE Magazine will now be available in News From Nowhere on Bold Street, Liverpool. (Click the image below to visit their webpage.)
This is a brilliant bookshop with extremely knowledgeable staff and we’re proud to have our magazine on their shelves. I highly recommend a visit if independent bookshops are your thing… and if they’re not!
I also left some free stickers there under the noticeboard so pick one up if you fancy.
In other news, the deadline for issue #2 has now passed. Thank you to those who submitted and we will be in touch very soon.
Only 3 copies of Issue #1 left!
If you want one, better get your skates on. Once they’re gone we won’t be printing any more!
Copies are £4 and included a badge, sticker and P&P.
To order simply email PIYEHUB@GMAIL.COM
In other news, Issue #2 is well under way - expect copies to be available in the next few weeks.
Hello writers, sorry for our prolonged absence but our jobs have been ever so demanding of late. Here’s all you need to know about what we’re up to at the moment…
- Due to our work loads, we have decided to reduce the number of issues we produce per year. Instead of the four we planned on, we’ll only be releasing three. Therefore an issue will be released every four months, with one being released at the end of August and the other in December. The final touches are being put to the current issue, thank you for your patience.
- Though we haven’t started to advertise for submissions, we will accept them all year round. As usual, submissions should be sent to PIYEHUB@gmail.com. For more details, email us or check our site.
- Halloween is our favourite time of year so we will be running a competition to celebrate. The best short horror story will win a goody bag; including our favourite horror film, sweeties and other creepy bits for a spooktacular Halloween. The competition will be open to UK residents only. More details to follow.
- We have an exciting new project running alongside PIYE Magazine which will be open to everyone, not just UK writers. Our YouTube channel will play host to a collection of poetry and prose readings, including recordings of pieces featured in PIYE Magazine. Guidelines will be going up soon but I suggest you get thinking of pieces that you’d be happy to record for us. We’re looking for quirky and innovative ways of using spoken word so be sure to experiment.
- Assembling a street team is still ongoing, we’ve managed to cajole friends into helping us but will be uploading print ready posters soon. If you send a picture of one of our posters up in a local bookshop/library/college/uni, along with your postal address then we will reward you with a PIYE badge and sticker. Who doesn’t love a free badge?? If you would like to get more involved then you will be able to request a promo pack from us (flyers, posters and business cards along with the badge and sticker) very soon.
- Site submissions will also be starting next month for our ‘One-Line-Wonders’, a series of stories in a sentence which will be posted on our sites. More info to come.
- Lastly, as we can’t have a physical poetry meet-up we’re looking into hosting an online hangout using YouTube. This will run as a bit of a workshop/Q&A session with writers being able to send us questions and ask for advice on their work. Luke and I are always happy to help with any of your writing or design queries so feel free to drop us a line.
This promises to be an exciting time for PIYE and we’re thankful for your support so far, we hope you’ll stick with us.
Luke and I will be celebrating our birthday this weekend but, as always, our ask box will be open if you want to contact us.
Luke and Ionie.
Preview of one of the designs for the next issue of PIYE. Just adding colour to them and now and with luck they will be done by the end of the Bank Holiday and sent to the printers. Woop.
Absolutely brilliant. Can’t wait to see the final result!
A quick look at the new illustration style for PIYE, Luke is a bit of an arty pants…
PIYE Issue #2 available to order now!
The mag has been sent to print and you can now order your copy by emailing us at PIYEHUB@GMAIL.COM! We expect them to be ready to post in a week.
Copies cost just £4 each and include a badge, sticker and free P&P to the UK.
Spread the word friends!
Luke and Ionie
Issue #2 has arrived at last!
It’s a 60 page A5 booklet printed on high quality paper and costs just £4. This includes a free badge, stickers and P&P to the UK.
To order please email PIYEHUB@GMAIL.COM
PIYE Magazine now available from Rare & Racy, Sheffield!
If you’re in the area we definitely recommend a visit, it’s brimming with books and the guys who run the place are pretty cool.
Ionie and Luke
PARTY IN YOUR EARHOLE!
An online collection of story readings and performance poetry from around the globe!
We are looking for the weird and wonderful so get experimenting. You can either perform your piece using props, accents, dramatizations OR have a chat with us and we’ll look into creating a storyboard or short animation. Anything goes so get creative!
The way this is going to work is simple; we’ll invite those with interesting proposals to join our online think-tank on Dropbox/Facebook and will melt all our ideas together until we get something remarkable. We want YOU to be extremely involved throughout the entire process so make sure you have a few tricks up your sleeves and are willing to (metaphorically) get your hands dirty.
As neither Luke nor myself are particularly good with video whatsits we will be asking our pal Stu to take the reigns on this one. He’ll be our brain guy for all the techie stuff and we’re excited to be working with him, he’s a photographer and filmmaker so you know he’s gonna be good!
Criteria for the project is as follows –
- You must be up for a challenge.
- You must have easy access to the internet and be willing to use Dropbox (it’s just a really easy way to share files). If you’d like to check it out, this is the site here.
- You must have a decent command of the English language as we are woefully uncultured and can’t speak any other languages ourselves.
- That being said, THIS IS OPEN TO EVERYONE not just UK residents!
- To submit a proposal please send us an email (email@example.com) including a quick overview of your planned video, a paragraph about yourself and a copy of the poem/story you will be using in an attached document.
We’ll be making an example video or two over the next few weeks just to give you an idea of what we want to achieve so keep your eyes peeled.
If you want to have a chat or have any questions please don’t hesitate to email us or drop us a message in our ask box.
UK writers - don’t forget to submit for our next print issue (1st Nov) and take part in our Halloween competition (13th Oct)!
Put your thinking caps on writers!